Owner–District Government Services
The District of Columbia’s largest LEED Double Platinum project and the first Double LEED Platinum project for the District’s government, 200 Eye Street was a pivotal move for the District of Columbia and in the redevelopment of the Navy Yard neighborhood. Home to four government agencies, 200 Eye Street’s implementation of sustainable measures is apparent throughout.
- Condensate from the air conditioning system is collected and used in flush fixtures, saving 325,000 gallons of water per year.
- 23.5% Lighting Power Reduction
- Over 11,000 tons of demolition and construction waste was diverted from landfills, totaling nearly 94% of the total waste.
- Sustainable Materials:
- Existing trees deemed by the project arborist as in need of removal were harvested into wood planks for the interior café flooring
- 26% recycled content
- 49% regionally manufactured
- 87% FSC certified wood
- Low mercury lamps throughout